Our team is launching one of the most essential and exclusive courses for the first time in London 2 – 4 May 2019.
Master level is a course of highly demanded topics that aims for advancing dentists’ practice level and focuses on occlusion principles in daily dental practice.
Cost is £995 plus VAT. Book before 18 February for a 10% early booking discount.
Here’s what you can expect to experience and learn during this exceptional course:
Lukas Lassmann is the co-founder of the Dental Sense clinic and head of medical team. He is a member of the Polish Academy of Aesthetic Dentistry and the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Since the very beginning of his professional career he has specialised in aesthetic dentistry, prosthetics and complete bite reconstruction. He devotes most of his time to perfecting modern methods of treatment and has participated in numerous international courses (University of North Carolina, USA; University of California Los Angeles, USA; Mediterranean Prosthodontic Institute, Spain; Dental Practice of Mykhaylyuk, Ukraine).
Dr. Lassmann places particular stress on minimally invasive treatment techniques, which allows the dentist to preserve as much dental tissue as possible. Hence, the majority of his work is performed under a microscope. His use of the innovative Digital Smile Design method as well as his knowledge and experience in diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorders ensures perfect treatment planning. His diligence and passion for his work are evident in the smiles of his patients, who he photographs with no less zeal.
- This day will focus on the main principles of planning full mouth rehabilitation cases and teeth biomechanics/teeth related phase preparations. So will start with essential dental photography in terms of DSD protocol, full cases documentation, labwork, and artistic photographs.
- Starting from dental photography in terms of DSD protocol, Full cases documentation, labwork, and artistic photographs.
Proceeding to the most recent controversial bio-mechanical principles in FMR( fiberpost vs metal posts, shoulder vs verti preps).
- Followed by steps to accurate impression taking, bite registration, and temporization. Finally, how to isolate (Rubberdam, splitdam) for bonding and cementation.
The second day will tackle all topics related to occlusion in Full mouth Reconstruction cases.
- Understanding how the occlusion and physiotherapy have changed over the decades and their impact on TMJ and articular fossa position, CR, Restricted mandibular movements, and teeth surface loss diseases, etc.
- Starting with understanding the revolutionary “Rocabado Map of Pain” knowledge that enables an accurate diagnosis of the TMDs, and role of C1&C2 cervical vertebrae in TMJ problems, to an application workshop on Rocabado map of pain.
- Proceeding to KOIS QUESTIONARY ANALYSIS – why properly phrased questions are key to establishing a proper diagnosis.
- Finally, “What is deprogramming (Kois deprogrammer, lucia jig and leaf guage) and the criteria for achieving it. Facebow uses, drawbacks, benefits, and limitations based on EBD.
- DFA as a genuine alternative to the traditional facebow. Ways of transferring the position of the maxilla in the digital world – is this already possible today.
- The third day will address one of the most controversial topics: “the Vertical Dimension of occlusion” VDO, how & how much to raise it, dente-alveolar compensation, the effect of raising VDO on cervical vertebrae, craniocervical disorders and TMJ analysis using CBCT Treatment of TMD, and how does Rocabado map of pain help us in treatment
- Afterwards, learning about one of the relatively over-looked treatments; Splint therapy, and making different splints depending on the diagnosis.
- Then, targeting more facts about canine guidance and incisal guidance.
- Finally, learning how to achieve occlusal equilibration and the P1 P2 P3 code for stable occlusion
Each group of participants will have a complex case to discuss, solve, and set a full detailed treatment plan in an interactive manner with Dr Lukasz